Sunday, August 2, 2009

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

This weekend my parents came to town and we were feeling crazy and didn't want to go to the beach. So instead, we opted for going to a Greyhound dog racing track.

I know what your thinking, "Oh no! How could you watch such a horrible thing! Those poor dogs!" But, there were no dogs there, only racing being simulcast from other places. However, some urban gentlemen were fighting some pitbulls in the parking lot to keep everyone entertained.

There were times when I felt like I was at Chucky Cheese. There were so many children there. It's weird seeing people drink beer, watching dog races on TV, screaming profanities when they won/lost....all while there are babies crying and children getting spanked for running down the stairs.

My brother, Aaron, and I ate this whole experience up. I tried to take a lot of pictures but Aaron is a photographer that doesn't quite understand the concept of "Ready, 1,2,3!" But when we weren't trying to take pictures of crazy looking people or of me riding a statue of a greyhound like it was a bull, we gambled!

This was my first real experience gambling, if you considering watching dog racing on TV gambling. But, I was horrible and I didn't win any money. But it turns out that racing involves a little bit of strategy, I, however, placed bets based on the dogs with cool names like LA's Reba & John McCanine.

____________________________________________________________________

CURRENTLY GIVING ME THE HEEBIE- JEEBIES...

MADONNA'S ARMS
Supposedly it's from working out too much? But why are her veins popping out so much??


JOHNNY DEPP PLAYING THE MAD HATTER
I've never really been afraid of clowns, but the crazy white makeup and red hair is really freakin' me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment