Saturday, August 29, 2009

i blame work for my lack of blogging

Work has been crazy busy lately. Meetings, paperwork, coordinating workshops, interjected with frequent Facebooking.

I went to a meeting in Port Aransas earlier in the week. After the meeting, we go to lunch and as a part of our meal they bring all of us strawberry shortcake. It tasted horrible, it was like the strawberries had been basted in Robitussin. So after 2 bites I gave up and pushed it aside, but then I felt my throat start hurting, but things were going so well & I wasn't going to let a sore throat keep me from continuously dominating the conversation.

After I make it out to my car my throat is really hurting and as I get into my car I catch a glimpse of my reflection in the window and notice that my lips had swollen up twice their size.

I was surprised when my first reaction was anger. I was mad because no one had bothered to say, "Hey Lane, your face is really freaking me out."

Sadly, this hasn't been my only outing involving public humiliation. I also attended another meeting where I could hardly find time to use the bathroom. But when I did finally make that escape, I was rushed...a little too rushed that I got pee on the front of my pants.

Most of the time when this happens you think, "Okay, this will dry fast and no one will notice." But the moment I stepped out of the bathroom I found a lady waiting outside the door wanting to take a picture...for the newspaper. Yessss.

No comments:

Post a Comment