Thursday, August 13, 2009

my upcoming business/bust-a-move meeting.

Work has been a little hectic. I have to give 3 presentations in the next week, which means I have to bring my A game.

A while back when I agreed to present I was told, "Just give us a taste of you and what you will be able to bring to other people's meetings. Sell yourself!"

Instantly, I thought back to college and taking all those speech communication classes and how the worst advice I ever got was, "Just talk to everyone the same way you would talk to a friend." It didn't end well...my friends don't get offended when I use the F word.

But all along I've just stuck with what I know best...being theatrical. So, for my presentation next week I have costumes. At one point I channel a lazy employee (which isn't a stretch) and then I do a mediocre impression of David Letterman complete with a pair of glasses and a Top 10.

My audience: geriatrics. This means if they fall asleep I can blame it on nap time or not having their hearing aids in

While these purple hairs may be my demographic, that wont stop me from doing an Ellen style dance to "Disturbia" as I am introduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment